remote & spectacular
The team members would be arriving in Delhi today.
Your tour leader will brief you about the tour in the evening. Ask him questions.
It feels enchanting to drive on green mountain roads after driving on straight highways. We will reach Manali by 8pm.
Start from Manali at 7.00 AM. Enjoy green landscapes, high mountains and deep gorges. After giving as much time as we want for diluting our thoughts with the landscape beauty this drive has to offer, we should reach Jispa before 4.00 PM. Go to sleep as early as possible.
30 minutes at Pass. Enjoy the amazing views and take lots of pictures.
It will be a long day today. We will cross four high passes to arrive in Leh in the evening. Leh ETA 7.00 PM.
We will have a five-minute stop here for pictures.
Probably the best views of Ladakh.
We won't stop here because we will be coming here again on the last day of the tour.
Probably the most beautiful and well maintained monastery in Ladakh.
Leh war Memorial and Meusem
You will learn here about the 1962 war and the difficulties faced by our Army in the cold desert.
Gurdwara Pathar Sahib
This Gurdwara was built in 1517 to commemorate the visit to the Ladakh region of Guru Nanak Dev, founder of the Sikh Faith.
Have lots of fun and selfies here while trying to solve the mystery of the Magnetic Hill.
Indus-Zanskar River Confulance
We will visit this monastery in the morning before leaving for Leh.
We will ride up here for the amazing views of Leh and Stok Kangri mountain Range. Have a peaceful evening here.
Lots of selfies and group pictures opportunities here.
We will visit this monastery in the evening before going to the camp.
Turtuk is a village of Balti people on the India - Pakistan border.
Hunder Sand Duens
Have a fun filled evening here.
We will reach Leh in time to enjoy evening walk and dinner in Leh market.
For the lovers of history and architecture. Views of old Leh city from the fort will take you back in time.
Founded in the late 16th century by a Bhutanese scholar and saint, Chosje Jamyang Palkar. Stakna translates to 'tiger's nose'
One of the highest passes in Ladakh. The gateway to eastern Ladakh.
Spend some time in the evening by the lake where they shot scenes of the movie 'Three Iditos'.
Enjoy your evening here with bonfire, singing, dancing etc.
It will be a drive of lifetime today with lots of amazing landscapes.
Drive along the full length of Indian side of Pangong Lake. See the point where the lake turns into China. We will have multiple stops to enjoy the beauty of the lake.
Rezang La (16000ft)
Pay your tributes here at the war memorial to the brave soldiers of the Indian Army who defended the borders in the 1962 war.
Famous for the 1962 war. We will have lunch here.
Think of the Indus Civilization while riding along this river.
We will pay a visit to the 17th century monastery.
Indian Astronomical Observatory
Learn the basics of Astrophysics here. See the modern observatory from inside.
Tso Moriri (Lake)
Second biggest lake of Ladakh. Some people find this lake more beautiful than Pangong Lake.
Karzok Village and Monastery
One of the remotest villages in Ladakh. We visit the beautiful old Monastery.
Tso Kar is a sulpher lake which is drying up slowly.
Last day of our amazing long drives.
This time we will stop here for lots of group pictures.
Big hugs before you leave for Airport!
60% of this drive is on paved roads, however these paved roads vary greatly from lonely narrow mountain roads and very high passes to busy highways full of trucks and buses. Many roads will be very rough, have large potholes and tall shoulders, some with wandering stock and people. Road rules are rarely adhered to.
40% of this ride is off road and this will mostly be in Himachal and Ladakh region.
1. 12 nights’ accommodation in mostly excellent small hotels, some accommodations will be very basic at times.
2. Our accommodations range from small family run guest houses through to 3 star hotels.
3. A flexible attitude is needed as standards are not always what we are accustomed to.
4. All accommodation is on a twin share basis. If you are traveling alone we will pair you up with another solo traveler.
5. If you prefer single accommodation a single supplement is available: (please note that you may be required to share a bathroom on a small number of occasions on this trip)
1. On every day of the tour we include breakfast: 11 Breakfasts
2. On mentioned ride days we provide lunch: 1 Lunch
3. We include mentioned dinners in good quality hotel restaurants/restaurants we have used before: 12 Dinners
1. AC/Non-AC Transportation (Toyota Innova/Mahindra Xylo) on all days
2. 12 nights’ accommodation
3. 11 breakfast
4. Lunches and dinners as per tour option
5. Permits and tickets for the places mentioned in the itinerary
6. All Himachal and Ladakh permit charges
7. Entrances into all temples / monasteries mentioned in the itinerary
8. Hindi / English speaking guide for Ladakh region
9. Limited number of drinking water bottles each day. Only for drinking purpose.
10. Oxygen cylinder if needed.
11. First Aid kit.
1. Your transport to and back from tour start/end point
2. Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
3. Personal health & travel insurance
4. Tips & Gratuities
5. Things not mentioned in the includid list
INR ? per day
We will send you a Preparation and packing guide after you book the tour.
At Little Frog Adventures we work hard to make sure that your tour runs smoothly and safely. Your welfare is of primary concern to us and we know that we cannot control every situation on the road or while you are traveling.
Accidents happen, luggage is lost and tour or flight cancellations can occur, so it is our policy that all participants of Little Frog Adventures tours have an appropriate level of travel insurance to cover the unforeseen.
If you are planning to go to the high-mountain region, you need to consider the risk of acute mountain sickness (AMS). Most people can travel to 2,400m (8,000 ft) with minimal effects. However, everyone reacts to altitude differently and altitude sickness can affect some people irrespective of fitness and age.
Symptoms of mild altitude sickness include headache, nausea, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, difficulty in sleeping and lack of energy. These are quite common when you first arrive at high altitude. The golden rule is to never continue to ascend if you have any symptoms of AMS. If the symptoms persist or worsen, you must descend. Get more information on AMS from a travel clinic or your doctor.
1. You will need to be in Delhi one day prior to the start of the tour. One bonus night accommodation is included.
2. It is recommended that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of tour.
1. The trip operator is Little Frog Adventures organising group tours as Little Frog Adventures based in Amritsar, Punjab, India.
2. A deposit of 10% is required to establish and hold a reservation. The full balance is due and payable thirty (30) days prior to departure, fifty (50) days for our custom/major Expeditions. Your booking may be considered cancelled should the full balance not be received by Little Frog Adventures by that time.
3. Should you have to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing. If this is received more than thirty (30) days prior to departure, 50% of your payment will be refunded, or up to 100% at our discretion. If received with less than thirty (30) days notice any refund will be solely at our discretion. In the circumstances we strongly recommend that you obtain trip cancellation insurance from an insurance company. Please note your 10% deposit is not refundable for our custom/major expeditions.
4. You are responsible for ensuring that you are fit and healthy enough to participate in your tour. We reserve the right to insist on a medical certificate from your doctor stating that you are in a suitable condition.
5. We reserve the right to cancel any tour if the number if participants booked does not meet the minimum requirement to operate the trip. Should that occur your payment will be refunded in full if we are unable to transfer you to another trip to your satisfaction.
6. The trip is run by the tour leader. The decisions of the tour leader will be final on all matters regarding safety and wellbeing of the participant and any change in itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances be that due to weather, local conditions, politics or various other reasons. The tour leader also retains the right to remove a participant from the tour. If the participant fails to comply with the decision made by the tour leader, or interferes with the wellbeing of the group in any material way, the tour leader may order the participant to leave the tour immediately. In those circumstances the participant will receive no right of refund. Furthermore, in circumstances were the participant is removed from the tour, Little Frog Adventures accepts no responsibility for the ongoing travel expenses or any other incidental costs incurred by the participant.
7. Little Frog Adventures will not be liable to pay the participant any compensation if the contractual obligations detailed in these terms and conditions are affected by any event which we or our suppliers could not, even with all due care and attention, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to acts of war, threats of war, civil unrest, terrorist activity, riot, acts of government or other national or state authorities including port or river authorities, industrial disputes, border closures, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, chemical disasters, adverse weather conditions, sea, ice or river conditions or any similar events outside of our or our suppliers control. We further advise that advice issued from the participants Foreign Office or any other Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute a relevant event under this clause.
8. Little Frog Adventures recommends that the participant takes out a personal travel insurance policy. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure suitable insurance cover is taken out prior to commencement of the trip.
9. Little Frog Adventures is not responsible for participant’s personal effects if they are lost, stolen or destroyed. Little Frog Adventures can not be held liable for any such loss irrespective if personal items are being carried on the Little Frog Adventures support vehicle / bike or lost during a shipment organised by Little Frog Adventures.
10. Little Frog Adventures is not responsible for any accidents. It is agreed and understood that neither Little Frog Adventures nor it’s agents, employees and sub contractors, including ride leaders and support vehicle drivers, are the guardians of any customer safety and that they, individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the tour which might result in injury, death or other damage to the customer, his property or his family heirs or assigns.
11. The transport vehicles provided by Little Frog Adventures and / or it’s agents and if the cost is included in the tour costs. Little Frog Adventures will attempt to provide the trip participants with the model of vehicle confirmed to the participant. If after having confirmed the model of vehicle requested Little Frog Adventures finds that it is necessary to substitute a different model Little Frog Adventures will notify the participant as soon as possible. If the participant does not wish to accept the proposed substitution the participant may cancel the trip without penalty and the deposit will be refunded.
12. Unexpected and uncontrollable situations may require last minute substitution of a vehicle including after the trip has begun. This may include but is not limited to mechanical failure, collision, damage and theft. In this circumstance Little Frog Adventures reserves the right to substitute the type of vehicle confirmed. Should Little Frog Adventures not be able to replace a vehicle with the confirmed type or similar a prorated refund for the difference in models if any will be refunded to the participant.
Acceptance of Trips Terms and Conditions
I understand that I will be required to sign a Release and Waiver Form before I can participate in a Little Frog Adventures. I have read and accepted the terms of conditions of Little Frog Adventures. I am aware that adventure tours can be dangerous. I am aware that traffic conditions, roads, weather and other conditions as well as the actions of other members of the trip can influence the risks. I agree to accept those risks.
I further agree and understand that the owners, operators and agents of this trip, including Little Frog Adventures, are not the guardians of my safety. They, individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the operation of my participation in the trip which might result in injury, death or other damage to me, my property or my family heirs or assigns.
9/49, St. 3, Vijay Nagar,
Batala Rd., Amritsar, Punjab-143001
- © littlefrog.in / 2017. All Rights Reserved