A motorcycle tour of Ladakh for the adventurer, the kind who never feels tired. We will take you to the remotest parts of Ladakh away from civilization and in true exploratory mode. There will be a lot of dirt road riding. Expect no cellular connectivity for days. A group of adventure lovers will ride solo and unfettered by luggage. The luggage will be in the support vehicle. This will be a pure, un-distilled motorcycling experience.
Is this tour for me?
Adventure. Tarmac and dirtroad motorcycling
High. Physically demanding. Long riding hours
Mix of basic and standard
Ladakh's most adventurous and remote tour
The team members would be arriving in Delhi today.
Your tour leader will brief you about the tour in the evening. Ask him questions.
Nothing is better than 6-lane highway at cruising speeds. We will be in Chandigarh by 5pm.
We will spend most of the day riding on winding mountain roads. Follow the instructions of your team leader and you will find yourself turned in to a pro biker by the time you reach Manali.
Fun begins today. Amazing views of mighty high mountains. The continuous high ascent from Manali towards Rothang Pass will make you feel you are about to touch the sky.
30 minutes at Pass. Enjoy the amazing views and take lots of pictures.
It will be a long day today. We will cross three high passes to arrive at Tso Kar (Lake).
We will have a five-minute stop here for pictures.
Probably the best views of Ladakh.
Lots of dirt road riding. Riding towards Hanle with the setting sun will be the experience of a lifetime.
Tso Moriri (Lake)
Second biggest lake of Ladakh. Some people find this lake more beautiful than Pangong Lake.
Karzok Village and Monastery
One of the remotest villages in Ladakh. We visit the beautiful old Monastery.
Think of the Indus Civilization while riding along this river.
We will pay a visit to the 17th century monastery.
Indian Astronomical Observatory
Learn the basics of Astrophysics here. See the modern observatory from inside.
It will be a ride of lifetime today with lots of water crossings and dirt road.
Rezang La (16000ft)
Pay your tributes here at the war memorial to the brave soldiers of the Indian Army who defended the borders in the 1962 war.
Famous for the 1962 war. We will have lunch here.
Ride on the dirt road along the full length of Indian side of Pangong Lake. See the point where the lake turns into China. We will have multiple stops to enjoy the beauty of the lake.
Enjoy your evening here with bonfire, singing, dancing etc.
If you are not in the mood to rest then try some off-road motorcycling or have a peaceful walk along the banks of the lake.
We will ride along the Sayok River to reach Diskit in the Nubra Valley from Pangong Lake. This is one of the remotest and most adventurous routes in Ladakh.
Turtuk is a village of Balti people on the India - Pakistan border.
Hunder Sand Duens
Have a fun filled evening here.
We will visit this monastery in the morning before leaving for Leh.
Lots of selfies and group pictures opportunities here.
For the lovers of history and architecture. Views of old Leh city from the fort will take you back in time.
Probably the most beautiful and well maintained monastery in Ladakh.
Leh war Memorial and Meusem
You will learn here about the 1962 war and the difficulties faced by our Army in the cold desert.
Gurdwara Pathar Sahib
This Gurdwara was built in 1517 to commemorate the visit to the Ladakh region of Guru Nanak Dev, founder of the Sikh Faith.
Have lots of fun and selfies here while trying to solve the mystery of the Magnetic Hill.
Indus-Zanskar River Confulance
We will visit this monastery in the morning before leaving for Leh.
We will ride up here for the amazing views of Leh and Stok Kangri mountain Range. Have a peaceful evening here.
We will have a 10 minutes stop here to enjoy the views of the monastery in the morning light.
One of the highest passes in Ladakh. Time for group pictures.
Time to head back to the greenery. After days spent at high altitude barren, rocky deserts, seen green again will feel special.
Your last day on mountain roads. Make the best of it.
A big party this evening before we say our good byes and hug each other the next morning. We will try not to get too emotional!
60% of this ride is on paved roads, however these paved roads vary greatly from lonely narrow mountain roads
and very high passes to busy highways full of trucks and buses. Many roads will be very rough, have large potholes and
tall shoulders, some with wandering stock and people.
40% of this ride is off road and this will mostly be beyond Manali.
These tracks are high altitude and can become boggy when wet, but with little traffic.
1. 17 nights’ accommodation in mostly excellent small hotels, some accommodations will be very basic at times.
2. Our accommodations range from small family run guest houses through to 3 star hotels.
3. A flexible attitude is needed as standards are not always what we are accustomed to.
4. All accommodation is on a twin share basis. If you are traveling alone we will pair you up with another solo traveler.
5. If you prefer single accommodation a single supplement is available:
(please note that you may be required to share a bathroom on a small number of occasions on this trip)
1. On every day of the tour we include breakfast: 17 Breakfasts
2. On mentioned ride days we provide lunch: 1 Lunch
3. We include mentioned dinners in good quality hotel restaurants/restaurants we have used before: 17 Dinners
1. Services of ride leader and support vehicle driver
2. Support vehicle with passenger & luggage carrying ability
3. 17 nights’ accommodation
4. Breakfast’s everyday
5. Lunches and dinners as per tour option
6. Permits and tickets for the places mentioned in the itinerary
7. All Himachal and Ladakh permit charges
8. Entrances into all temples / monasteries mentioned in the itinerary
9. Hindi / English speaking guide for Ladakh region
11. Fuel (only if no fuel pumps are available.)
12. Limited number of drinking water bottles each day. Only for drinking purpose.
13. Spare parts only for royal enfield motorcycles. Payable by the rider.
14. Oxygen cylinder if needed.
15. First Aid kit.
1. Your and your bikes' transport to and back from tour start/end point
3. Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
4. Personal health & travel insurance
5. Tips & Gratuities
8. Any kind of vehicle insurance for those with own bikes
We only rent motorcycles registered in Leh/Ladakh. The pricing below excluds the bike's transportation cost to Manali from Leh.
Royal Enfield Himalaya - 411cc
INR 2000 per day
Royal Enfield Classic - 500cc
INR 1800 per day
Royal Enfield Standard - 500cc
INR 1600 per day
Royal Enfield Classic/Thunderbird - 350cc
INR 1400 per day
Royal Enfield Electra - 350cc
INR 1200 per day
Royal Enfield Standard - 350cc
INR 1100 per day
1. You will need to be in Delhi one day prior to the start of the tour. One bonus night accommodation is included.
2. All riders must have a valid motorcycle license with good riding experience.
3. It is recommended that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of tour.
We will send you a motorcycle preparation and packing guide after you book the tour.
At Little Frog Adventures we work hard to make sure that your motorcycle tour runs smoothly and safely.
Your welfare is of primary concern to us and we know that we cannot control every situation on the road or while you are traveling.
Accidents happen, luggage is lost and tour or flight cancellations can occur, so it is our policy that all participants of
Little Frog Adventures tours have an appropriate level of travel insurance to cover the unforeseen.
This is a massive expedition travelling in heat from Delhi to cold in the North, as such we will be
riding in some very hot and cold weather. However, the ride offers the optimum weather conditions
for the vast majority of the ride. Please pack according to packing guide provided in the tour details
If you are planning to go to the high-mountain region, you need to consider the risk of acute mountain sickness (AMS).
Most people can travel to 2,400m (8,000 ft) with minimal effects. However, everyone reacts to altitude differently and altitude
sickness can affect some people irrespective of fitness and age.
Symptoms of mild altitude sickness include headache, nausea, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, difficulty in sleeping and lack of energy.
These are quite common when you first arrive at high altitude. The golden rule is to never continue to ascend if you have any symptoms of AMS.
If the symptoms persist or worsen, you must descend. Get more information on AMS from a travel clinic or your doctor.
1. The trip operator is Little Frog Adventures organising group tours as Little Frog Adventures based in Amritsar, Punjab, India.
2. A deposit of 10% is required to establish and hold a reservation. The full balance is due and payable thirty (30) days prior to departure,
fifty (50) days for our custom/major Expeditions. Your booking may be considered cancelled should the full balance not be received
by Little Frog Adventures by that time.
3. Should you have to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing. If this is received more than thirty (30) days prior to departure,
50% of your payment will be refunded, or up to 100% at our discretion. If received with less than thirty (30) days notice any refund will
be solely at our discretion. In the circumstances we strongly recommend that you obtain trip cancellation insurance from an insurance company.
Please note your 10% deposit is not refundable for our custom/major expeditions.
4. You are responsible for ensuring that you are fit and healthy enough to participate in your tour.
We reserve the right to insist on a medical certificate from your doctor stating that you are in a suitable condition.
5. We reserve the right to cancel any tour if the number if participants booked does not meet the minimum requirement to operate the trip.
Should that occur your payment will be refunded in full if we are unable to transfer you to another trip to your satisfaction.
6. The trip is run by the tour leader. The decisions of the tour leader will be final on all matters regarding safety and wellbeing of the
participant including the motorcycle riding abilities of the participant and any change in itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances be that
due to weather, local conditions, politics or various other reasons. The tour leader also retains the right to remove a participant from the tour.
If the participant fails to comply with the decision made by the tour leader, or interferes with the wellbeing of the group in any material way,
the tour leader may order the participant to leave the tour immediately. In those circumstances the participant will receive no right of refund.
Furthermore, in circumstances were the participant is removed from the tour, Little Frog Adventures accepts no responsibility for the ongoing travel
expenses or any other incidental costs incurred by the participant.
7. Little Frog Adventures will not be liable to pay the participant any compensation if the contractual obligations detailed
in these terms and conditions are affected by any event which we or our suppliers could not, even with all due care and attention,
foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to acts of war, threats of war, civil unrest, terrorist activity,
riot, acts of government or other national or state authorities including port or river authorities, industrial disputes, border closures,
natural or nuclear disasters, fire, chemical disasters, adverse weather conditions, sea, ice or river conditions or any similar events
outside of our or our suppliers control. We further advise that advice issued from the participants Foreign Office or any other Foreign
Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute a relevant event under this clause.
8. Little Frog Adventures recommends that the participant takes out a personal travel insurance policy.
It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure suitable insurance cover is taken out prior to commencement of the trip.
9. Little Frog Adventures is not responsible for participant’s personal effects if they are lost, stolen or destroyed. Little Frog Adventures
can not be held liable for any such loss irrespective if personal items are being carried on the Little Frog Adventures support vehicle / bike
or lost during a shipment organised by Little Frog Adventures.
10. Little Frog Adventures is not responsible for any accidents. It is agreed and understood that neither Little Frog Adventures nor it’s agents,
employees and sub contractors, including ride leaders and support vehicle drivers, are the guardians of any customer safety and that they,
individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the tour which might result in injury,
death or other damage to the customer, his property or his family heirs or assigns.
11. The motorcycles provided by Little Frog Adventures and / or it’s agents and if the cost is included in the tour costs.
Little Frog Adventures will attempt to provide the trip participants with the model of motorcycle confirmed to the participant.
If after having confirmed the model of motorcycle requested Little Frog Adventures finds that it is necessary to substitute a different
model Little Frog Adventures will notify the participant as soon as possible. If the participant does not wish to accept the proposed substitution
the participant may cancel the trip without penalty and the deposit will be refunded.
12. Unexpected and uncontrollable situations may require last minute substitution of a motorcycle including after the trip has begun.
This may include but is not limited to mechanical failure, collision, damage and theft. In this circumstance Little Frog Adventures reserves the
right to substitute the type of motorcycle confirmed. Should Little Frog Adventures not be able to replace a motorcycle with the confirmed type or
similar a prorated refund for the difference in models if any will be refunded to the participant.
13. The motorcycle that Little Frog Adventures provides to the participant will be insured but you will be liable for the first INR 10,000/- worth
or any damage to the motorcycle deemed by Little Frog Adventures to have been your responsibility. The term ‘damage’ is to exclude reasonable wear and tear.
Minor blemishes or paint chips caused by gravel, stones and insects are considered normal wear and tear however damage or scratches caused by an accident,
dropping a motorcycle or riding it through bushes or off roadways is not considered normal wear and tear.
14. The participant is solely responsible for the ignition keys during the normal course of a riding day.
Should they be lost or stolen due to neglect or failure to follow the tour leaders instructions the participant is responsible
for the replacement to a maximum cost of INR 2000.
15. If a participant operates a motorcycle after drinking an alcoholic beverage or using mind altering drugs the rider will incur
unlimited liability for damage to the motorcycle. Little Frog Adventures is not obliged to replace a motorcycle damaged by a participant in these circumstances.
16. Participants who intend to operate a motorcycle provided by Little Frog Adventures must be at least 25 years old and must have a
valid motor cycle operator licence. Participants must also attest that they have at least 2 years of experience operating a motorcycle of
similar size or larger than the motorcycle that will be provided by Little Frog Adventures.
17. If the participant does not comply with local traffic laws, or does not practice safe group travel practices as described by the
tour leader and by guidelines provided by Little Frog Adventures the agreement with the rider may be cancelled and riding privileges will be suspended.
Riding privileges will be suspended from anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Participants agree to refrain from alcoholic
beverages until the motorcycles have been parked for the night.
Acceptance of Trips Terms and Conditions
I understand that I will be required to sign a Release and Waiver Form before I can participate in a Little Frog Adventures.
I have read and accepted the terms of conditions of Little Frog Adventures. I am aware that motorcycling can be dangerous.
I am aware that traffic conditions, roads, weather and other conditions as well as the actions of other members of the trip can influence the risks.
I agree to accept those risks.
I am an experienced responsible and healthy motorcyclist with a valid motorcycle driver licence. As a passenger I am aware of the potential dangers of motorcycling.
I further agree and understand that the owners, operators and agents of this trip, including Little Frog Adventures, are not the guardians of my safety.
They, individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with the operation of my participation in the trip
which might result in injury, death or other damage to me, my property or my family heirs or assigns.